Saturday, April 19, 2014

Leisure time in London

We are still just chillin in London Heathrow for a couple more hours.  I promised you a longer post and I'm late again - eating a proper British breakfast distractacted me - sorry.

The days have all been so full and it's difficult to know exactly where I left out a gap.  The team was so amazing and came together to finish the foundation of an outdoor pavilion, organized the camp supply room, cleaned cabins, and made lasting relationships with the children at Turnu Rosu.  I think everyone was suprised by the depth of connection that can happen in 4 short days and with a major language barrier.  We learned that the universal language of love, acceptance and a smile speaks volumes and can run deeper than a common word.  

Parents - your kids learned there is joy in simplicity, having a loving parent is a privilege not to be taken for granted, assumptions are usually wrong when you take time to learn a person's story, and they were a blessing in someone's life because they were obedient to God's command as stated in James 1:27 - "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."  Your kids lived that out this week in Romania.  They chose to give up their Easter break to care for orphans and widows.  And I hope they were blessed in return.   Thank you for letting them have this experience and for sharing them with the children in Romania.  They were all a blessing to Heart of Hope Ministries and I hope everyone will stay connected with the ministry and will support them through prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment